Are you moving into new office space or are you redecorating an existing office? Perhaps you are even establishing a full office right in your own home. Either way, here are some ideas that might assist you in creating a workable and an attractive design as you decorate your new office.
Start With The Furniture - Mix practicality essential practicality with good looking pieces of furniture.
- It might be a very good idea for you to talk to a furniture distributor before you start shopping. Tell him or her exactly what your needs are so that furniture pieces can be selected appropriately.
- For example, will you be holding meetings in your office? If so, the furniture contractor can lead you to a table and chairs that could even be used in a home dining room. The difference would be that the table would have drawers in it for things like paper, note pads and other office supplies that might be needed at your meeting.
- Think of how often you will be using a computer. If it's not that often, think about having a computer table and chair set away from your desk area, thus giving yourself more working space.
- Whether you are a lawyer, an architect or any other profession, you probably have a number of reference books that need to be close by. A handsome shelf with lighting as part of the design would be perfect for combining your books with things like family photographs.
Add Decorative Touches - It's usually the extras that make a room your own.
- Think about your interests and hobbies and include them in the design of your office.
- For example, if you love sailing, consider purchasing large paintings or posters of sailing boats and beach scenes.
- Add things like a globe of the world that is actually large enough to be counted as furniture. Your furniture contractor will be able to help you find the perfect one for your new office space.
- Whether you have artificial plants or real ones, consider having several of them that will add color and a bit of drama to the room.
Before meeting with the furniture contractor, think about looking at various decorating books and magazines so that you can show him or her pictures that you like. The furniture contractor has the experience and the training to help you to get exactly the look you seek.